About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, September 21, 2012

endeavor

I don't know about you, but my instagram/facebook/twitter feeds have been filled with pictures of the retired space shuttle Endeavor flying overhead today.

How cool, I thought, to be able to see something so cool and historic, because seriously, how often do you see a space shuttle strapped to the top of an airplane (not counting in the movies, of course).
Remember this scene from Superman Returns? via

I'm a self-proclaimed space nerd, having been raised on Sci-fi television shows and books. The Kennedy Space Center was one of my favorite stops on our trip to Florida, NOT disneyworld, if that gives you any indication. My favorite movie growing up was split between Independence Day, Apollo 13, and The Right Stuff, all technically space-y movies. So, this shuttle thing was a big deal for nerdy little me.

I settled for just enjoying this event through the cameraphones of my friends and family, bummed that I wouldn't see it from our cloudy building on campus.

And then I saw this on my feed, taken by our resident campus photographer.
Yeah, that's our administrative building. Like a two minute walk from my office. Seriously?!?!?!? haha.

Did you see the shuttle? I think it might have just been California, but I'm not really sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...