About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, February 1, 2013

in between

photo via
Big news: I gave my notice at work last week.

I've been thinking and praying about this decision for several months, so it's not like it was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Still, it's just now starting to hit me: I won't be coming back next year. This spring semester will be my last here as Lab Coordinator.

These students, these coworkers, this place that has been my world  the past three years will no longer be at the forefront anymore. After seven total years, I'm finally leaving Westmont.

For those of you who don't know, I received my bachelor's degree in Psychology three years ago and immediately started teaching in the department from which I had just graduated. The people I'd been taking classes with immediately became my students, and my professors and I were all of a sudden on the same level with each other. It was a trip, to say the least, but it was perfect for me.

However, I've known since the beginning that I don't want to teach Psychology labs forever. While it's been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything, it is time to move on. I'm ready to try something new!
photo via
Tim has been incredibly supportive during the whole do-I-or-don't-I progression, and I am forever grateful for it. I am incredibly anxious for what's next {because as of now that's a big huge question mark and that's pretty nerve-wracking!} but am excited for the process. The next few months of soul-searching are going to be a trip.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Big changes are always kind of scary and exciting, but they usually lead to better things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your next stage of life! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man good luck! A new adventure is sure to be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...