About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabulous Friday!


Happy Friday, friends!

I don’t know about you, but Friday never seems to come early enough for me. I love my job, but by four o’clock on a Friday it’s just not always a good idea for me to be grading papers anymore.  I try to save my “easy” work for the late afternoon so I’m not responsible for too much in my zombie-like state.  ;)

Source

Somehow, like clockwork, though, by 5:05 I always perk right back up! It must be the promise of two recharging days of doing whatever we want. This weekend, though, is a little different than most: Husband is off on a bachelor party camping trip for most of the weekend, leaving me to fend for myself (how he trusts me not to destroy the house baffles me every single day).

This could be me. Screencap of video at Source 
To keep myself distracted, I'm planning on tackling my to-do list. Aside from the obligatory household chores (BO-RING!), it's got some fun items as well:
  1. The International Film Festival is this weekend! While I've got NO intention to go (it's really hard to get a ticket and you never know if you're going to see a winner or a not-so-gooder), it's really fun to people-watch. So that will be happening. I've heard of big-screen actors being sighted downtown, but I have only seen one at Ross. And no, I'm not joking.
  2. Lush bubblebath, candles, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the book, not the movie eew).  It's a super bizarre book but I'm finding it really entertaining. Perfect brain candy. Hot Chocolate might also make an appearance, haven't decided yet (it's not like I don't have tons)
  3. I'm busting out the sewing basket and browsing online pattern archives. That's right, friends, I'm planning on hitting my sewing machine hard this weekend. I've got a couple projects I'd love to tackle, ranging from the easy (pillowcases) to the more complicated (a cocktail dress! * eep * I've only done refashions before, not anything from scratch, so I'm really excited to try). 
Doing anything fun this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...