About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursdays!


Awkward

Nope. Not gonna do it. I know its been a while since I've talked about the awkwardness in my week, which in and of itself is pretty funny since pretty much 95% of my week is awkward. HOWEVER. This week was 10000% more awesome than last week (which I may have already whined about here and here). No matter what happened to me this week, I kept seeing the good parts. Rose colored glasses, I guess.

Awesome!
One: GRADES ARE IN! As of 5pm yesterday, I am released from grading obligations and deadlines. PRAISE THE LORDDDDDDDD. This past semester was tough; I had twice the number of students I'd worked with in the past. Now, work is a lot more manageable--my May and half of June will be dedicated to drafting our department's 6-year reports. Um, interesting that I'm being given this job, as I've been here for just two years, but what do I know?

Two: Because of the impending "Grades due" deadline, I spent 8 hours of my beautiful Sunday grading (Blech). BUT! That means I get to take tomorrow off! I'm so excited to have an impromptu three-day Birthday Weekend (WHOO HOO!)! That's another Awesome thing :)

Three: The little love notes that I received last week from our Graduates at the Senior Tea (we really should call it a "reception", since we don't really serve anything tea-like, but maybe that's because I'm too lazy to do that kind of thing). But anyway, hearing "thank you" and "we love you" from students reminds me of the whole point of what I'm doing: I'm not a grading machine, I'm a teacher. Which is super weird.
 
I don't know about where you are, but it's stinkin' GORGEOUS outside today here. Clear Seventy-five, the birds are singing, and campus is relatively silent (NEVER happens except this time of year). So, if its as nice where you are as it is here, enjoy it!

Happy Thursday!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...