About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, October 12, 2012

overwhelmed.

It's so easy to become overwhelmed in today's society. SO many things that keep us "busy" and occupy our time from when we wake to when we sleep. So many things that keep us from sleeping. Trying to balance work and family and life and friends and everything else we take on, it's downright exhausting!
Santa Barbara Butterfly Beach
But there is so much wonderful in the world, too, you guys! SO much beauty, so much kindness, so much love. The best kind of overwhelming.
I'm overwhelmed when I consider:
:: the beauty of the city in which I live,
:: the kindness and generosity of my students,
:: how good we really do have it here.
:: all the details that fit together perfectly in the plan of God,
:: the support poured out by our community when one of us is hurting or sick,
:: the joy of a good day's work.,
:: the love (and patience!!!!!) of my husband,
my heart is full.
Let's be overwhelmed by wonderful things, shall we?
What overwhelms you?

3 comments:

  1. It's crazy, and kind of sad, how hard we have to try sometimes to be thankful. Lately, my husband and I have felt so stressed and overwhelmed with remodeling our new house. We never seem to have enough time or money. I try to remind myself each day how blessed we are to own a house at all, something we wouldn't have imagined even a few months ago! God is so good all the time. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what overwhelms me? The fact that I'm pretty sure the last time I saw you, you were a sophomore in college. Oh and you left and Sarah said I could sleep in your bed (don't know if she ever told you that...)

    Is there any way we can meet up and you know, meet again? The hubbys can even come along. Plus Myke has never been to S.B.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good post! Sometimes I find myself too easily overwhelmed by busyness, or everything I have to do every day--but the grace of God and his gifts to us in the world are what's truly overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...