About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pinspiration: Bow Ring

Since yesterday was Valentine's day, I think it's time to post about a cutesy project.  

When the husband and I were looking around for wedding bands, we peeked into Tiffany's (It's fun to dream), and my eyes were drawn to this particular lovely:
via Tiffany


Whimsical and dainty, it was absolutely adorable and reminded me of those "Don't Forget!" strings I would tie around my finger when I was in Elementary School. The saleslady let me try it on, bless her, and I filed it away in my "someday" file. I completely forgot about it until I ran across this picture on Pinterest:
Pinterest via muyinmolly
It was perfect, and so simple. I had some experience with wire art for my wedding (you can see a peek of one of my creations in my photobook post here!), so I thought: I could totally make that. 

via Callaloo Soup, formerly on Etsy
I did some research online on Etsy and Google to see what other techniques could be used to make a bow ring, and found a bunch of ideas:

via wirewrap
via Sheek Inc

Clearly I'm not the first to try this myself. It took quite a few tries, and the first few were REALLY wonky. But I just switched on The Bachelorette and started playing with the wire until I got the shape and size right. Ultimately, though, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

It's a little bigger, and it's a lot less precise (easier to see the technique on mine than the inspiration), but I'm pretty happy with it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Pin It


</p><p>http://www.thethriftyhome.comPhotobucket and here

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I've seen the same type of rings and wanted to make one myself. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out! It was pretty easy overall, Just make sure to have something to acccurately size your finger! I used a taper candle, but it still took some finangling to get it to fit right! Good luck, I'd love to see how it turns out!

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...