About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

anatomy of a trip

Happy Wednesday, guys! How has your week been going? I've missed you so.

I've been staying with my parents for the past few days, and man has it been crazy! I've loved spending time with my fam, just hanging out. We're going to the fair tonight :D. Miss Tim, though!

The story behind my spontaneous visit home? My mom's on the committee/council thingy for our church's Vacation Bible School, and it's been really really hectic. (think three churches, almost 400 workers, and a thousand kids; that kind of thing. It's quite the undertaking). Anyway, she and the rest of the committee have been running around like crazy people because of a bunch of reasons, and I figured why not come up and help? It's not like my schedule was packed or anything.
It's been awesome. I remember VBS being one of the highlights of my summer when I was in elementary school. When I was too old for the program, I would work as an assistant and then a teacher. VBS has occupied two weeks out of my summer from second grade until I was a college first-year. This has been quite the trip down memory lane.

Don't get me wrong, it's been incredibly insane, too. We're on our feet all day long, and running around dealing with different departments. And I thought being a VBS Teacher was difficult! Who would have thought that working with adults would be more exhausting than working with children (and that's saying a lot. One year, I literally passed out from sheer exhaustion as soon as my last kid got picked up. It wasn't pretty).

Wanna know the best parts, though? Knowing that the kids are hearing the gospel. Seeing how much fun they're having. Getting to work with Mommy. Sitting in the first row at the Spirit Rally.
Guess it's all pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...