About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Inevitable {and incredibly long} Awkward and Awesome Thursday Post!

First of all, how on EARTH is it only Thursday? I feel like this was the longest and slowest-moving week EVER.  Anyone else feel the same way? Yick.

I apologize in advance with how long this post is today; it's been an interesting week, to say the least. So much so that I created an EPIC and incredibly awkward banner for the occasion. Behold: 
no one's ever accused me of underdoing it...
~Awkward~
one
Scheduling an important meeting for next week... whiiiiiiiiiiiiiich happens to be spring break and therefore no one will be around {Yet another reason why this blog should have been called "whoops"}. AAAAAAnyway. Wasn't paying attention to the dates because, well, I DON'T GET IT OFF. I'll be in my office working away while the rest of campus is at play. Boo.
THAT'S how I feel about that!
two
Realizing JUST how dependent I've become on my new "roommate" (AKA new husband) to keep my head on straight. He was out of town for FIVE DAYS and I about died. Seriously. Allow me to elaborate: 1) left the house purple. 2) started the dishwasher without having put soap in it. Realizing this after I'd poured my morning coffee into a {dirty} cup. 3) was late to work two days in a row because I forgot that husband wasn't downstairs making breakfast and coffee 4) I haven't been able to sleep at ALL because of the creepy noises our house makes. Locking every door in the house doesn't make me feel better. 5) Also, the house is freezing without an extra body in it. 6) I was migraine-y on Sunday, and probably would have been better a lot sooner had I remembered to eat something. 
Thank the LORD he doesn't leave me very often {the extension of this, though, made me really appreciate him and all he does for me when he came back from his trip! }. 
illustration via my awesome powerpoint skills

three
I left my Kindle at home on Monday, so rather than enjoying my lunch and a book in the DC, I decided to sit and enjoy the sunshine by the pretty pond on campus. Of course, I had forgotten the fact that this was the first sunny afternoon in a long while and I subsequently get a itchy and blotchy sunburn across half of my body. On my way back to my office, I catch a spiderweb across my face, drop my keys into a mud puddle while brushing the web out of my eyes, break my purse strap while picking up my keys out of the mud (which subsequently resulted in the purse falling into the mud as well). Flustered, I take a shortcut off the path to get back to my office and catch my shoe on a stick, and spilling coffee all over one of my hands. I wipe it off as best as I can, and then open the door to my building at the same time as someone exits, resulting in the dumping of the other half of my coffee on my other hand. Somehow, blessedly, all of this occurs without anyone noticing. I felt like Larry, Curly, and Moe all rolled into one.
via Wikipedia
(side note, did you know they're coming out with a Three Stooges movie in April?? I just watched the trailer and it's just as slapstick-y as the old show. I can't wait.) 

~Awesome~
one

Having a successful shopping-out-on-the-town afternoon all by myself this weekend. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, people were happy and dressed for spring (and I swear EVERY SINGLE STORE had a window display done in either florals, pastels, or neon)! I only bought a few things after a whole day of shopping (and I will openly admit that they were all thrifted or from "Vintage" or "recycled fashion"stores), but it was completely wonderful and relaxing. Also, two new outfits for under 10 bucks? I'll take it! 

two
Successfully meeting a goal: I full-on worked out this week THREE TIMES. Whoo hoo!!! If you know me at all, you know that this is a HUGE DEAL. I work out so infrequently that a moderate-intensity hike results in dizzy spells and lightheadedness. Okay, I'll admit it, my workouts were about 1/2 hour-long and from youtube, I was so sore after each one that I had to take at least a day's break between doing another one, and husband dragged me kicking and screaming off the couch to do them, but it's a start :)
three
Leaving the good 'ol crock pot to do my work for me. Can't sing it's praises enough.
Again, awesome powerpoint skills in action.
How was your week? What do you do when you have a "just can't get your act together" week (or is it just me)?

2 comments:

  1. I know this comment is ridiculously late after you have posted this but I have to say, awww, I wish I could have had girls night with you at some point while you were all alone! Also, you make me laugh with all your shannagins and it makes me glad to know that the people I am closest with are just as scatter-brained as I am :) Aaaand, I'm so proud of you for working out!!!!! Keep it up and then we can go on some epic hike when I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have been here for a girl's night TOO! boo :( I miss you. Also, I tagged along with one of Hubby's videos and OH my gosh I almost died. I had to lay on the floor and almost threw up twice! haha Obviously I need to do this more often.

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...