About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is coming.

YOU GUYS!

Sometime between graduating and getting married (which doesn't help that much because that was a year and a half long gap), I bought myself a peach tree in hopes that it would domesticate me. Or whatever. I stuck it in a pretty pot, bought a watering can and fertilizer sticks, and prepared myself to be harvesting peaches in a year or two. 

It was dead within six months. 

I was heartbroken! I have a bit of a black thumb, but I was really diligent in watering it this time!!! {Husband is laughing right now and telling me that he had been sneaking in pots of water when he would come over and visit. I guess I might have been remembering it differently}. 

Because I couldn't bring myself to toss the little thing out, I set it outside in our "backyard" aka dog-less dog run and forgot all about it.

Fast forward six more months, and I need the spray paint I had also abandoned back there (Yikes, I'm starting to see a trend). I happen to notice the little abandoned teal pot with the dead tree in it. But then I notice something:
IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

The tiny thing is barely more than a stick itself, and yet it's got a bud and is starting to turn green again.

Happy, happy, spring is coming.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for spring!!! I can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That's amazing! Spring is like hope in your country! I think it's really a happy season! <3
    funandruins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahhaa I'm laughing so hard right now... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spring. Unfortunately, I think winter has finally hit Northern California, LOL!

    xo
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...