Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is coming.

YOU GUYS!

Sometime between graduating and getting married (which doesn't help that much because that was a year and a half long gap), I bought myself a peach tree in hopes that it would domesticate me. Or whatever. I stuck it in a pretty pot, bought a watering can and fertilizer sticks, and prepared myself to be harvesting peaches in a year or two. 

It was dead within six months. 

I was heartbroken! I have a bit of a black thumb, but I was really diligent in watering it this time!!! {Husband is laughing right now and telling me that he had been sneaking in pots of water when he would come over and visit. I guess I might have been remembering it differently}. 

Because I couldn't bring myself to toss the little thing out, I set it outside in our "backyard" aka dog-less dog run and forgot all about it.

Fast forward six more months, and I need the spray paint I had also abandoned back there (Yikes, I'm starting to see a trend). I happen to notice the little abandoned teal pot with the dead tree in it. But then I notice something:
IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

The tiny thing is barely more than a stick itself, and yet it's got a bud and is starting to turn green again.

Happy, happy, spring is coming.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for spring!!! I can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That's amazing! Spring is like hope in your country! I think it's really a happy season! <3
    funandruins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahhaa I'm laughing so hard right now... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spring. Unfortunately, I think winter has finally hit Northern California, LOL!

    xo
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...