About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Monday, March 5, 2012

Tickled pink...ish?

I have the most ridiculous life. Case in point: this Saturday. I ran errands pretty much the entire day without even a clue that my skin had turned completely purple.

I'll give you a minute for that to REALLY sink in. I'm not exaggerating. I had literally turned PURPLE.

Let me explain. A couple weeks ago, I received a brightly colored bath bomb from Lush as a gift.
via Lush Cosmetics
{heaven}. I wish they would sponsor me to talk about how wonderful their stuff is all the time, but honestly I do that for free. Maybe I should hold out...?

Anyway, since husband was going out of town this weekend, I figured I would take advantage of the free time and enjoy a nice relaxing soak in the tub. I was so engrossed in the book I was reading I didn't realize that it was slowly dyeing my skin purple {The bathwater had turned purple, too; that should have been my first clue.}

Completely ignorant of my new hue, I threw on some clothes, went downtown, saw myself in a changing room mirror, and almost fainted. I've used a bunch of other bath bombs from Lush and this has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I looked like I belonged in the girl version of the Blue Man Group
via BlueManGroup
I have no idea how I didn't notice this before I left the house, but honestly I've stopped being surprised by stuff like this.
via Wikipedia
Thankfully, it was easier to get my skin back to its normal color than the bathtub. I was scrubbing that sucker for TWO HOURS straight.

I should have called this blog "Whoops!".

3 comments:

  1. aww come on! at least give us a picture of what you looked like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was too embarrassed to document it. The color stayed in my nails though for a day or so though...! haha

      Delete
  2. you probably look like I do after a day of Holi color throwing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...