About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, April 20, 2012

four-twenty



Today's post is dedicated to my good friend Sarah, who today celebrates another year of life. Thousands and thousands of miles away from me. See, Sarah is one of those superhero people who not only know what they believe in, but stands up for it, too. I won't go into too much detail, but she's trying to end slavery. 

You know, trying to save the world.

To commemorate her birthday, here's a cake I made her:


I kid, I kid. (via)

Actually, there is a story behind this "virtual cake". A few years ago, Sarah celebrated her birthday while studying abroad in Thailand, and those of us back home made her a cake and video-recorded us eating it for her. The sound didn't work, though, so we ended up "dubbing" the video. (Do you still have that somewhere?).

But I didn't get my act together fast enough to bake her a cake this year. Next best thing? 

Anyway, Happy Birthday, friend. And I expect that as SOON as you get home, you get your buns over to our house for a giant bottle of wine and an entire season of Master Chef (which starts on May 29 yee!)



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. ookkkk, looks like i just found a gift that tops the Thailand 08 video! i feel so loved. thank you dear one. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I think it's on my hard drive in nor cal, I LOVED that video, I still tell people about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sarah, hugs across the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...