About Me Tutorials Contact Me Via Social Media! Visit Brittany's Joy Store

Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday.

Happy {GOOD} Friday, friends! It's been a long but great week, and I'm definitely ready for the weekend.  Three quick things that make me happy today:

~one~
Wednesday night's pretty salon hairdo for no reason at all {which then justified a swanky night out}!

 {snazzy blow out courtesy of Shine Montecito. They did my hair for our wedding, too!}
The bummer was that we did a workout video {involving lots of jumping and leaping and sweating and crying on my part} after the date, which resulted in absolute destruction of said hairdo.

 ~two~
Afternoon dates with my laundry machine AND a day off.
Laundry is NEVER a thing to be celebrated, but this is getting ridiculous. I am conquering this mountain TODAY.
 
 ~three~
It's Good Friday. What more needs to be said? Looking forward to celebrating the REAL reason for the Easter season with my family this weekend (because while pastel colors, fluffy bunnies, and cadbury eggs are great and all, there's a much more powerful reason to celebrate this Sunday) 
:)


{taken Easter Sunday, 2009, Chiang Mai, Thailand}

Also, I'm working on streamlining everything on the 'ol blog! If you're a regular reader, you've probably noticed gradual changes over the last week or so. I'm slowly but surely working out the kinks of html coding, so bear with me! I've created a DIY and {very short} Recipe archive at the top banner so you can keep up with projects you might have missed.  AND, to top it all off, the adorable Melissa from Cherry On Top Design made me a cute signature for my posts. :) {hi Melissa!}
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. i wish i had a stylist ever morning when i woke up. they always make my hair so pretty and shiny!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair looks awesome! Love the Before and Afters.

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Britty!

    I have awarded you the Sunshine Award.

    Details on my blog: http://www.sewmelove.com/2012/04/my-sunshine-award.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about those dry-bar type of salons...there are a few in San Francisco but never shelled out the $$ for one because my sister is in school for hair and she looooves blow outs...so I get 'em for free. Unfortunately she lives in Santa Barbara and I am in SF so I don't get them often enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them--this place charges 35 buckeroos so it doesn't feel like I'm tossing away my money whenever I get them... And is your sister going to beauty school in SB? That's where I live :)

      Delete
    2. Yes she is! She's at the Paul Mitchell school over on Anacapa street. I'm jealous of her most of the time because SB is so nice and less foggy all of the time...I guess this means I'm a bit jealous of you as well, haha. If you want a free hairdo let me know...she needs models from time to time. I think our mom is getting tired of supplying hair!

      Delete
  5. shine is awesome but cannot come close to the beauty that is chiang mai and the resurrection :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Anonymous comments will be automatically rejected, so please use the name/URL option if you don't have a blog.

If you do have a blog, please check to make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can respond to your comments! Follow this simple tutorial to make sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...